Friday, October 08, 2004

WildHorses


Once in the valley of the brave and the dead,
I found a guy who thought he couldn't fit in,
He was the type you'd never expect to commit sin.
He was shy, a closed life he led.

A little of most things he claimed,
Most of a few he never took credit.
Self concious this man seemed not,
My god! what a man he turned out!

This ain't a poem for those who know him not,
This ain't a poem for those who know him too well.
For those of you who have no clue, you wont really get the plot,
and for those who already know, isn't there some place you have to go?

Could have ragged the life out of the guy,
But he already seemed dead.
Thought there were some things I needed to buy,
Taking him along was the only thing that came to my head.

I learnt more about him, I got to know him better.
He tried going to the gym, he never looked cuter.
Girls are his only weakness, he found one right there!
He spoke to her too, all I could think of him was how dare!

It seemed as if we both had similar interests,
I wasn't too keen and he seemed pretty much complete.
He backed out a little after me, certainly wasting my effort,
Turned out too intelligent was she, he actually turned to books! his last resort.

Shady as ever most of the year past,
In any case the whole valley had a blast!
Music he played, but was never on stage,
We spoke of things like market value,
Yet he never turned the page,
Instead there was on his face a red hue.

He never danced, he never sang,
He didn't want to embarrass himself.
He never performed, he never stood infront,
He preferred himself placed on a shelf.

When the year went by,
He missed all the action.
People spoke of him,
but only verbal interaction.

It was time a friend and I,
Took over and pulled off his tie!
The Ring around him had to be broken,
Stones, I accepted as a token.

Moves were discussed, Songs were sung,
Most of it was pretty much bung.
Anyways, we had a couple of laughs,
The third guy was pretty much split in halves.

Conversion took place,
realisation overcame him,
You should have seen his face!
When he saw his own little Jim!

It was time, he had had enough!
He figured life like this is tough!
No more mister nice guy!
Here was our man, he was no longer shy!

He took to the dance floor, like a party to its host!
He danced like a man, well almost.
He was on stage with a guitar,
And I think it was right after a visit to the bar!

The crowd cheered him on,
A song he loved was played.
A new man was born!
This time the new man stayed.


No comments: