Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm on a blogging roll!

I'm soon going to hit 100 posts on this blog, so be prepared for a big one!
--

anyways, this post is about something big too! Its about the Gathering!!

The Gathering is the second largest gathering of computer enthusiasts. Be it gaming or programming, everyone loves their computer!

This where I am :


And my god this place is amazing! You wont believe the computers that these people are bringing in here!! There are people here with food and supplies for 4 days (the duration of the competition). They have sleeping bags, they brought their own easy chairs! they brought huge speakers! none of the stuff here other than the table, internet, network, simple chairs, etc (basic stuff) was provided by the organisers!

Plus, very important point. A lot of girls are here too! infact I see as many girls as I see guys. There are pink computers, dolls, fuzzy balls, everything! people have small scooters to scoot around!

Most computers here have names too, I'm sitting one table away from Nazareth. Pirat Soft is a small group of people sitting in the middle somehere. There is zoyzat.org with a big banner. These arent companies these are people!

Oh I forgot to mention the Huge Coca Cola air filled ice skate hanging from the roof.

:)

its all good!


*** EDIT ***

Its 8am and I missed the sunrise again. Not because I didnt wake up in time, but because I was inside an olympic sized arena gaurding our 11 computers (8 of them on and displaying stuff). I am not alone, I'm here with a friend named Sverre, we are taking turns to sleep. I slept for a couple of hours and now he is.

I now, once again, feel the need to know norwegian. Partly because there were some people interested to know more about the competition who walked away upon hearing the sentence - "snakker du engelsk?" (which is the same as asking 'do you speak english'. and the other part of the reason behind my learning norwegian is that I wasnt able to get into many of the conversations because I was speechless. People dont like it when you are speechless all the time, its an appreciated act though its value comes from the fact that it is rare.

I often feel that when you are half awake and half asleep, you exist in multiple universes and this is the time that you can utilize to get what you want. You can be a superhero, since its quite easy to be one while you are dreaming! and You can make sure the things you do as a superhero are carried over into the real world, cause you werent really sleeping!

I like analogies, so here I shall make another one. Being half asleep is like achieving mental success. All you need to do to end today is close your eyes, and all you need to do to make your dream come true is do what you would in your dream! - of course, if you want to get something done, this is the wrong time to do it. Dreams never result in 5 page papers on computational benefits of hex against octal. Dreams on result in 'yes' or 'no', give or take, yours or mine, this or that - binary if yo uget the drift.

Those of you who feel dead and just want the day to end, when you are half asleep. You are correct. Your feelings to end the day are totally understandable, but they may or may not be affordable. The reason you are half asleep is because you didnt sleep, and people dont just give up sleep for fun! If you have something important to finish then I suggest taking a small nap and not trying turn into your alter ego - The MadTypist or somebody.

Productivity is at its least at all stages where the mind and body arent co-ordinating well enough, and as you may have guessed - yes!!! its true! my brain is trying to tell my fingers to stop typing - but my spine is doing all my thinking for now. so this is unavoidable.

(This is what happens when you learn to type fast, your eyesight is no longer required, hence no link to the brain)

Though my friends would claim that I never used my brain for what I wrote in the first place:)

...sleep.. need .. sleep... passing out in 3 2 (press publish)

No comments: