Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The beacon of Amun Din is lit!

I just had the most amazing idea ever!!

As can be seen from my previous post, I was listening to music and whenever I liked a part of the song I patched it up to the other parts.

This time! I figured, I watch SO many movies nowadays I should just write down lines from them..

Yes, I am very vela.. and no its not because I hardly work.. Its just that I have nothing to do after 6pm other than eating... and blogging... and mailing... and eating some more...

Lets see if someone can guess which movie I'm watching right now... :-)

"The fat one will take it from you"
"They were so alike, he and my father."
"You filthy two faced sneak"
"Go home."
"Lets find some food"
"I wish I could have seen him.. ..one last time"
"I give hope to men,I keep none for myself"
"The people are to follow your rule in my stead"
"The very warmth of my blood seems stolen away"
"Open the gate! quick!"
"Now back, up the hill, quickly"
"Get back there and smash it down"
"Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Grond! Gron..." and so on

hmm... its quite simple though.. I'll watch some tough movie for the next post..

-----

The BEST recipe for Pulav! I just made this today and it IS amazing!

1 glass rice
1 diced potato
1 chopped onion
1 cup mixed vegetables
1 tablespoon chilli powder (or less, if your stomach cant handle it)
1 small piece of ginger, finely grated (or 1 teaspoon ginger paste)
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons Oil
2 tablespoons tomato puree
a few pieces of paneer

Wash the rice and keep it aside.

Heat the oil in a deep non stick pan/pot (whatever you use for making rice).
Add the cumin, chopped onion and ginger. Let it heat till the onion is golden brown. You could let it turn a little black if you like your onions well cooked.

Add the rice and make sure there is twice as much as water as there is rice. Add the usual spices (salt, chilli powder and any other powdered substance you like to eat). Add the tomato puree, and let it boil. Once boiling, add the paneer. Cover the pan/pot and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.

10-15 minutes later, check if it is cooked and if it is - !! here it is ! the best way to have rice on earth!

Tastes AMAZING with curd!

If you're living alone and dont have people telling you to stay out of the kitchen, do give it a go!

am off for now, will be back tomorrow
ciao

No comments: