Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A little lost, a little found

Last time I stayed at the De’ville,
I didn’t want to go another day.
It seemed like everyone was throwing their love away,
I thought I had a good thing going my way, so I say
Nobody ever made me feel that way.

Here I am looking at it from the outside,
The old stony walls are my memories guide.
How they danced in the courtyard
Sweet summer sweat
Some danced to remember
Some danced to forget
So I spoke up to the Captain
I said, “I'm not a perfect person”
There are many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you

But I love my dog as much as I love you
You may fade, my dog will always come through.
All he asks from me is the food to give him strength
All he ever needs is love and that he knows he’ll get
But there is one thing he asked me for that I couldn’t give,
I couldn’t do that, oh I couldn't do that

The day she went away
I made myself a promise
That I'd soon forget we ever met.
But something sure is wrong,
Cause I'm so blue and lonely.
I forgot to remember to forget.

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I’d save every day like a treasure and then
I would speak with the tongue of angels
I would hold the hand of a devil
It’s warm in the night
I am cold as a stone

I’m still a little lost, just a little found…

No comments: