Sunday, January 01, 2006

A not-so-detailed-Chronicle of my first visit to the cinema!

Fellow readers and mental telepathists, I bring to you the story of a young mans visit to the cinema, not so long ago. To help those who have not seen what I have seen... to show those who cannot see what I dream...

Moving on to simple english - I saw the Chronicles of Narnia, the lion the witch and the wardrobe at the Colosseum!

Over here, they call a cinema a Kino (pronounced She-no). The place was great! the seats were awesome!! and the people were so civilised! Nobody ate chips because it makes noise. I could HEAR the silence!

anyways.. talking about the mystical and magical realm of Narnia, its creator Aslan and the witch who witnessed its making - Jadis.

Though story lacks the substance required to convince anyone aged 14+ but its really superhit material for those who do not take their brains to the movies. Some parts seem like they are there only and only to make sure that the story doesnt fall apart, and some parts are unnecessarily long... BUT the animation and the talking animals are awesome!!

Its certainly a pity that they didnt spend more money on this movie and make it a three (or more) part sequential blockbuster (like Lord of the Rings).. I know it has some sequels already lined up, but I would have wanted the story told in this movie to be spread over atleast two movies! They've fast paced it so much, most of it requires some knowledge of the world of Narnia (for which you may contact wikipedia:-).. and I didnt really even like the kids!! I mean.. I should atleast start appreciating the heroes before I hoot for them, right???

The bigger picture is certainly worth a LOT more than they have portrayed, and the story of the movie itself could not have been portrayed any better.

In all, I'd say it was worth the watch! and if you like reading books, it might just convince you to read the seven chronicles.

----------------------------------------------
Not interested in movie reviews??
A little light reading perhaps :-)

No comments: